Monday, May 21, 2012

BBQ Fest


Last week, the Memphis in May celebration continued on with BBQ Fest. In my book, this is the best event that takes place in Memphis! Hundreds of teams from all over the nation come down to compete. You know the festival is starting when the smell of sweet barbecue starts lingering in the downtown area.It's especially fun for me because my husband is on a team. And it's always entertaining to walk around and look at all the different tents and parties. We stuffed our faces with ribs, barbecue, barbecue nachos, chicken wings and a bunch of other food that's not so healthy but delicious. Here are some pics from the event.




This is our tent





Me with the grill master!

I love this pig grill!! I take a pic with it every year!












Some of the tents get pretty elaborate! I like the double deckers!



Josh's team ended up getting 13th in ribs for their division! Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment